Notes: The download and upgrade of Earth Explorer is total free.
What is new in version
Earth Explorer 6.1 is GPS Enabled digital map software with high-resolution satellite imagery, shaded relief topographic imagery and blending imagery of the two. It also include location information of 270 countries and regions, 50000+ cities, 15000+ islands and 50000+ earthquakes from 1973; And outline information of political boundaries, rivers, lakes, coastlines of the world and etc. All those map information was integrated together for providing a total 3D view of our beautiful planet earth. You can place your own placemarks and path routes to the map, show GPS tracks on the map and keep them with the maps if you connected with a GPS device. Beside these, it has many other interesting functions, you can regard it is a kind of educational scientific software of geography.
- Support realtime satellite map GPS navigation on vehicle/ship/plane;
- Support 30m-res satellite image(Landsat7) and 90m-res SRTM picture exploring in online/offline mode;
- Include information of 270 countries and regions, 40000+ cities, 15000+ islands, 50000+ earthquakes from 1973 and vector layers includes political boundaries, coastlines, rivers, lakes, longitude-latitude grids;
- User can add their own Placemarks, Paths, GPS Tracks to Earth Explorer;
- User can define and add their own map style to Earth Explorer;
- Support NMEA-0183 compatible GPS receiver;
- Measure and calculate distance between any two locations, find by name, show day/night shadow effect, adjust Gamma, and etc.
- Download maps to disk cache in background (Advanced license).
1) Earth Explorer requires Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Win 7 or Mac OS X;
2) PII500, PowerPC G3 500 or faster processor;
3) 256 RAM at minimum, 512MB is recommended;
4) 100MB of free hard disk space or more;
5) 24bit color monitor, resolution at 800 x 600 or higher;
6) Internet connection for online explore and offline imagery download.
- Dec 28, 2009, A download bug of Earth Explorer is fixed, please download and install it.
- Oct 10, 2009, website updgrade. Add a forum for motherplanet user. Address: http://forum.motherplanet.com
- Sep 25, 2009, Earth
Explorer 6.1 for Windows and Mac OS X released.
Add many important features for self -define maps, such as living map, altitude, and report gps-based location to remote GIS database etc.
- Aug 25, 2009, Earth
Explorer 6.0 for Windows and Mac OS X released.
Realtime GPS navigation support added;
Add 50000+ earthquakes information and display in a better style;
- Earth Explorer has been regarded as most popular tool
on Download.com and been rated a 5 star product.
- CNET editors' rating:
- Safe and clean
Review from download.com:
- Earth Explorer 6.0
If Google Earth has inspired a generation of amateur geographers, Earth Explorer may be just the thing to help supplement that interest. The program offers a 3D rendition of the Earth spinning in space, next to a table of information on countries, cites, and islands. Clicking on any of the entries shows its location on the globe, and scrolling over the table provides data such as population, country size, and capital city. Users can zoom in on any area of the globe, displaying high-resolution satellite images, or calculate the distances between any two points. The program can be configured to display different views, such as those outlining rivers, major cities, or recent earthquakes. As a student resource, the program could certainly be invaluable, but anyone with an interest in geography may also find this a fun way to expand her global knowledge.