Notes: The download of Earth Explorer is total free. Try Earth Explorer with full function and no expired date.
What is new in version
Earth Explorer 2018 is GPS Enabled digital map software with high-resolution
satellite imagery, shaded relief topographic imagery and blending imagery
of the two. It also include location information of 270 countries and regions,
50000+ cities, 15000+ islands and 50000+ earthquakes from 1973; And outline
information of political boundaries, rivers, lakes, coastlines of the world
and etc. All those map information was integrated together for providing a
total 3D view of our beautiful planet earth. You can place your own placemarks
and path routes to the map, show GPS tracks on the map and keep them with the
maps if you connected with a GPS device. Beside these, it has many other
interesting functions, you can regard it is a kind of educational scientific
software of geography..
- Support realtime satellite map GPS navigation on vehicle/ship/plane;
- Support street level 1m-res satellite image and 90m-res SRTM picture exploring in online/offline mode;
- Include information of 270 countries and regions, 40000+ cities, 15000+ islands, 50000+ earthquakes from 1973 and vector layers includes political boundaries, coastlines, rivers, lakes, longitude-latitude grids;
- User can add their own Placemarks, Paths, GPS Tracks to Earth Explorer;
- User can define and add their own map style to Earth Explorer;
- Support NEMA-0183 compatible GPS receiver;
- Other functions like Measure and calculate distance and bearing between any two location, find by name, show day/night shadow effect, adjust Gamma, and etc.
- Download maps to disk cache in background (Advanced license).
1) Earth Explorer requires Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Win 7, Win10 or Mac OS X;
2) PII500, PowerPC G3 500 or faster processor;
3) 1G RAM at minimum, 2G MB is recommended;
4) 100MB of free hard disk space or more;
5) 24bit color monitor, resolution at 800 x 600 or higher;
6) Internet connection for online explore and offline imagery download.
- March 31, 2018, Earth
Explorer 2018 for Windows released.
Add street level satellite map with Google Earth imagery source;
Add street level satellite map with Microsoft Virtual Earth imagery source;
More stable and fluent;
- Earth Explorer has been regarded as most popular tool
on Download.com and been rated a 5 star product.
- CNET editors' rating:
- Safe and clean
Review from download.com:
- Earth Explorer 6.0
If Google Earth has inspired a generation of amateur geographers, Earth Explorer may be just the thing to help supplement that interest. The program offers a 3D rendition of the Earth spinning in space, next to a table of information on countries, cites, and islands. Clicking on any of the entries shows its location on the globe, and scrolling over the table provides data such as population, country size, and capital city. Users can zoom in on any area of the globe, displaying high-resolution satellite images, or calculate the distances between any two points. The program can be configured to display different views, such as those outlining rivers, major cities, or recent earthquakes. As a student resource, the program could certainly be invaluable, but anyone with an interest in geography may also find this a fun way to expand her global knowledge.